This event has passed. Please check back for information about our 2014 event.
More about events
Online ticket sales for Night of the Living Zoo have SOLD OUT. Tickets will be available at the gate.
Wednesday, October 30, 2013, 6:30 - 10 P.M.
It’s Baaaaack. Join us at the Smithsonian's National Zoo for a wicked night of fun. With a live band, costume contest, and mind-boggling performance art—including fortune tellers, fire eaters, talking bats, and illusionists, it is a Halloween party you won't want to miss.
Not a member? Join now to get the member rate.
FONZ members may purchase up to six tickets at the member price.
$25 FONZ members
FONZ encourages you to take public transportation and drink responsibly.
- Metro: The Zoo's Connecticut Avenue entrance is between the Red Line's Cleveland Park and Woodley Park Metro stops.
- Shuttles: Catch a ride to and from the Woodley Park/Zoo Metro station, courtesy of Zipcar. Shuttles will run every 20 minutes throughout the night. Zipcar shuttles will also provide transportation to the after party at Smoke & Barrel.
- Taxi Service: The exclusive taxi service provider is Hailo. Download the app and receive a special gift at the event.
- Parking: Parking at the event will be $15 for members and $20 for non-members. We encourage guests to pre-pay through Parking Panda.
Join us for a spooktacular evening!
- Zoo access during the witching hours
- After hours access to the Small Mammal House, Great Ape House, Reptile Discovery Center and Think Tank
- Live (undead?) entertainment: The Cheeky Monkey Sideshow, Clara Voyant and the Bearded Ladies.
- Face painting
- Photo booth by Photo-matica
- Costume contest
(registration on the Great Meadow by the band)
- 1st Prize: Happy Hour with the Small Mammals with beer and hors d'oeuvres for 10 people
- 2nd Prize: Breakfast with the Birds for 10 people
- 3rd Prize: Highlight Tour of the Zoo for 10 people
- Carousel rides for $3 per ride
- 14-person, pedal-powered, pub-crawling trolley rides by The Trolley Pub
- Food & drink are available for purchase, including beer by Sam Adams, special cocktails by Sweetshine, and the DC Slices, Mamas Donuts, Cirque Cuisine, and DC Empanadas food trucks
VIP Ticketholders can party the night away in the VIP Zombie Lounge:
- Exclusive access to our primo VIP area in Invertebrates
- Heavy hors d'oeuvres provided by Meridian Pint and Smoke and Barrel
- Private animal demonstration
- 2 Tickets for Adult "elixirs"
- Free Parking
The Fine Print
You must be at least 21 years old to attend this event. A valid ID is required for admission. Tickets are non-refundable, non-transferable, and non-replaceable. Smoking is not permitted at the Zoo. Night of the Living Zoo will be held rain or shine.
At 3:30 p.m., the Zoo will close from the Small Mammal House to the Cross Roads including Small Mammal House, Great Apes, Reptile Discovery Center, Invertebrates, Think Tank, Conservation Carousel, Great Cats, Kids' Farm, and the Mane Grill.
Sponsor This Event
Companies interested in sponsoring the event will receive valuable benefits ranging from logo ID on event and advertising materials to onsite signage, sampling opportunities, and complimentary tickets. For more information,
email Jackie Vinick.
General Event Information:
Call 202-633-3045 for more information.
Join FONZ today!