Global Tiger Day
When: Sunday, July 28, 2013
Time: 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Location: Great Cats exhibit
Show your stripes at Global Tiger Day! Celebrate the top predator in Asia with
great cat keepers, Smithsonian Conservation Biology Institute researchers,
SCBI's partners in tiger conservation, and the Zoo's Sumatran tigers.
- Tiger Enrichment at 11 a.m., 12 p.m., and 1 p.m. The tigers will receive special treats in their yards.
- Meet a tiger keeper. National Zoo tiger keepers will answer all the questions you have about the cats. Learn about the enrichment and training keepers do with each of the tigers to keep them healthy.
- Face painting. Camouflage yourself with a tiger-striped face!
- Meet the scientists. Researchers from SCBI's Tiger Conservation Partnership will show visitors the tools they use to study tigers in the wild, including camera traps and radio collars.
- Learn more about U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service, International Fund for Animal Welfare, and the Global Tiger Initative's efforts to save wild tigers.