The National Zoo offers exciting and unique internships that help participants reach a range of academic and professional goals.
Internships positions are available from a variety of groups at the Zoo including: veterinary medicine, FONZ, research, and animal programs—each may have a slightly different application process. Applications may be accepted on an ongoing basis or have a deadline, as noted below.
Internships and Fellowships:
- American Trail Keeper Internship, ongoing
- Amphibian Husbandry Internship, applications due July 1
- Asia Trail Keeper Internship, ongoing
- Bird House Exhibit Project Internship, ongoing
- Bird House Keeper Aide Internship, ongoing
- Primate Enrichment and Behavior Internship,Spring applications due January 2, 2015
- Reptile Behavior Internship, applications due July 1
- Sea Lion Behavior Research Internship,Spring applications due December 1, 2014
- Small Mammal House Enrichment Internship, ongoing
- Wood Turtle Ecology Internship, applications due January 1, 2015
Friends of the National Zoo