The National Zoo offers exciting and unique internships that help participants reach a range of academic and professional goals.
Internships positions are available from a variety of groups at the Zoo including: veterinary medicine, FONZ, research, and animal programs—each may have a slightly different application process. Applications may be accepted on an ongoing basis or have a deadline, as noted below.
Internships and Fellowships:
- Amphibian Husbandry Internship, Fall applications due July 1, 2015
- Asia Trail Keeper Internship, see details for application deadlines
- Bird House Exhibit Project Internship, Fall deadline: July 1, 2015
- Bird House Keeper Aide Internship, Fall deadline: July 1, 2015
- Reptile Behavior Internship, Fall applications due July 1, 2015
- Small Mammal House Enrichment Internship, Fall applications due April 30, 2015
Friends of the National Zoo