Current Research Projects
- Neighborhood Nestwatch - teaches people about bird biology as we learn how different land uses affect breeding bird populations.
- Heavy Metal Contamination - the impact of soil contamination on birds.
- Nest Predation - are bird nests safer in urban habitats or rural areas?
- Urban Ecology - the most serious threat facing animal populations in North America today is habitat destruction.
- West Nile Virus - monitoring the spread of West Nile Virus in resident and migratory birds.
- Bird Song Changes - birds in urban areas are changing the pitch of their songs to counter background noise and paved surfaces.