A variety of research projects have been and are being conducted in Neighborhood Nestwatch backyards.
Learn more about the exciting and novel research including:
- Birds and Lead - are lead levels higher in urban or rural areas? How does this impact our songbirds?
- >Catbird Demography - using radio transmitters identifies most critical time for baby catbirds and their most dangerous foe.
- House Wren Parenting - who has it easier, country wrens or city wrens? The answer may surprise you.
- Nest Predation - fake eggs help discover who is eating eggs and whether city or country eggs are more secure.
- Educational Impact - survey helps define how Neigbhorhood Nestwatch affects participants.