Mad Island Banding
March 28, 2012 by Bea Harrison
Pretty slow today though we did catch 2 male Orchard Orioles (beautiful!), a red-eyed vireo and 2 hooded warblers. We have been catching quite a few swamp sparrows. The north wind that was predicted did not come. We had a strong on-shore breeze all day.
Having fun and preparing for our future onslaught of migrants. More news later.
- Characterizing Avian Survival along a Rural-to-Urban Land Use Gradient
- Modeling Three-Dimensional Space Use
- Migratory Connectivity of Ovenbirds
- Wood Thrush Connectivity
- El Niño-Southern Oscillation Is Linked to Decreased Energetic Condition in Long-Distance Migrants
- Estimating Migratory Connectivity
- Habitat and Temperature Influence Bill Shape
- Color Matters in Nonbreeding Season
- Winter Food Matters for Migrants
- Differences in the Bills of Sparrows on Islands Is Driven by Climate