Mad Island Banding
March 28, 2012 by Bea Harrison
Pretty slow today though we did catch 2 male Orchard Orioles (beautiful!), a red-eyed vireo and 2 hooded warblers. We have been catching quite a few swamp sparrows. The north wind that was predicted did not come. We had a strong on-shore breeze all day.
Having fun and preparing for our future onslaught of migrants. More news later.
- Transoceanic Migration by a 12 Gram Songbird
- Full-annual-cycle Population Models for Migratory Birds
- Migratory Songbirds Pick Breeding Site Based on Springtime Resources
- Bill Size Correlates with Telomere Length in Male American Redstarts
- Annual variation in long-distance dispersal driven by breeding and non-breeding season climatic conditions in a migratory bird
- Experimental reduction of winter food decreases body condition and delays migration in a long-distance migratory bird
- Incorporating site and year-specific deuterium ratios (δ2H) from precipitation into geographic assignments of a migratory bird
- Inter-annual variation in American redstart (Setophaga ruticilla) plumage colour is associated with rainfall and temperature during moult: an 11-year study
- Characterizing Avian Survival along a Rural-to-Urban Land Use Gradient
- Modeling Three-Dimensional Space Use