Meet the cheetah cubs
Get a closer look at the cubs in this video of their first veterinary exam!
Learn more about each name:
The winning names have an asterisk.
- Iambe (female) | One of the two daughters of the mountain nymph, Echo, in Greek mythology
- Vivace (female) | A musical term meaning short, lively, brisk
- *Amabala (female)| Zulu for "spots"
- *Jabari (male) | Swahili for "fearless" or "brave one"
- *Hasani (male) | Swahili for "handsome"
- Tolbo (male) | Mongolian for "spot"
- Phoenix (male) | A mythical bird associated with the sun that regenerates or is otherwise born again from its own ashes
- *Erindi (male) | Protected reserve in Namibia where many cheetahs are rereleased