Proposed fellowships are evaluated on the following criteria:
- scholarly merit of the proposals;
- ability to carry out the proposed research;
- likelihood that the research can be completed during the requested appointment period;
- extent to which the Smithsonian, through its research staff members or resources, can contribute to the proposed research project;
- inclusion of diverse perspectives; and
- availability of funds.
Duties and responsibilities:
As proposed by scholar.
Smithsonian Migratory Bird Center predoctoral fellowships are offered to doctoral candidates who have completed preliminary course work and examinations, and have been advanced to candidacy. Candidates must have the approval of their universities to conduct doctoral research at the Smithsonian Institution.
$30,000 per year plus allowances
The intern will make his or her own housing arrangements in the Washington, D.C., area.
The Smitshonian's National Zoo and the Smithsonian Institution do not provide free parking to interns.
Term of appointment:
3 to 12 months
Monday, January 15, 2018
How to Apply:
If interested, prospective applicants are encouraged to contact potential Smithsonian host scientists well in advance of the Jan. 15 deadline.