Jun. 09, 2019
Nature Cubs: Once Upon a Zoo
Explore the wild inspirations behind your favorite storybooks. Each week, we will learn about the real animals who inspired some of our favorite fictional friends, from Winnie the Pooh to Elephant and Piggie! Do Komodo dragons like tacos? We'll find out together!
Nature Cubs preschool classes use interactive learning stations, hands-on activities and crafts, Nature Play, animal artifacts and exciting Zoo walks to engage your preschooler's sense of wonder and curiosity about wildlife and the natural world. There is no animal contact or behind-the-scenes access in Nature Cubs classes.
Note: Nature Cubs preschool classes are for children and their adult buddies to enjoy together. Infants worn in a carrier or who remain in a stroller/car seat during the program are welcome at no additional charge.
- Once Upon A Zoo meets once a week for five weeks.
- Students will learn about a different set of animals than those included in the March "Book-worms" series for 2-to-3-year-olds.
- Classes meet as Monday, Tuesday or Saturday sections. Choose your day of the week to attend below.
- Monday sections start April 29 and will not meet May 27 (Memorial Day weekend). A make-up class will be held June 3.
- Saturday sections will not meet May 25 (Memorial Day weekend). A make-up class will be held June 1.