Nature Cubs: Romp in the Swamp
Come romp, flap and tromp in the swamp with us! Get to know how river otters, alligators and wood ducks get movin’ at the Smithsonian's National Zoo!
Nature Cubs preschool classes use interactive learning stations, hands-on activities and crafts, Nature Play, animal artifacts and exciting Zoo walks to engage your preschooler's sense of wonder and curiosity about wildlife and the natural world. There is no animal contact or behind-the-scenes access in Nature Cubs classes.
Note: Nature Cubs preschool classes are for children and their adult buddies to enjoy together. Infants worn in a carrier or who remain in a stroller or car seat during the program are welcome at no additional charge.
- Romp in the Swamp meets once a week for three weeks.
- Classes meet as Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday sections. Choose your day of the week to attend below. UPDATE: The Tuesday section of Romp in the Swamp is sold out. Spaces remain in Wednesday and Thursday sections.
- Tuesday sections: Super Siblings Session (ages 2-5). This class is best for children ages 3-5 with younger siblings (ages 24 months and up) who wish to participate. Both children must be registered as participants.
- Romp in the Swamp takes place outdoors but under cover at the Zoo in Your Backyard pavilion.
- Make-up classes are available on a limited basis with prior approval.
Age range: 2 - 5