Nov. 04, 2019 - Dec. 14, 2019
Nature Cubs: Who's New at the Zoo?
Who's new at the Smithsonian's National Zoo? A lot of animal friends waiting to meet you! The Zoo is full of new babies and new arrivals this fall, and we're excited to introduce you to some of our favorite new faces. From our North American river otter family to our sleek new sea lion pup, we'll learn about a new animal each week!
Nature Cubs preschool classes use interactive learning stations, hands-on activities and crafts, Nature Play, animal artifacts and exciting Zoo walks to engage your preschooler's sense of wonder and curiosity about wildlife and the natural world. There is no animal contact or behind-the-scenes access in Nature Cubs classes.
Note: Nature Cubs preschool classes are for children and their adult buddies to enjoy together. Infants worn in a carrier or who remain in a stroller/car seat during the program are welcome at no additional charge.
- "Who's New at the Zoo?" will meet once a week for five weeks.
- Classes for 2-3 year olds will meet Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays. Choose your day of the week to attend below.
- Tuesday and Thursday classes are SOLD OUT
- Monday classes will not meet on Columbus Day, Oct. 14.
- Make-up classes are available on a limited basis with prior approval.
Age range: 2 - 3