Join the Teacher Advisory Council
The 2019-2020 council is limited to elementary-level teachers (grades pre-K to 6) and no more than two teachers per school.
Commitments and Benefits
Council members serve for a period of one calendar year and will:
- Participate in four council meetings (dates TBD)
- Serve in an advisory role to assist with the development of new education programs
- Share feedback about activities and materials with Zoo educators
- Act as a Zoo ambassador in their schools by disseminating Zoo information to colleagues and providing teacher feedback to Zoo educators
- Gain exclusive access to Zoo materials and lesson plans
- Have the opportunity to work with Zoo educators and to be an integral part of conservation education programming
- Receive professional development contact hours toward license recertification
Thank you for your interest in the Zoo’s Teacher Advisory Council. Applications have closed for the 2019-2020 school year. Please check back next spring for information on how to apply for the 2020-2021 year.