Join the Teacher Advisory Council
Take your professional development to the wild side! The Zoo is seeking new members to serve as investiGATORS on the Zoo's Teacher Advisory Council.
The 2020-2021 council is limited to elementary-level teachers (grades pre-K to 6) in D.C., Maryland and Virginia. No more than two teachers per school.
Commitments and Benefits
Council members serve for a period of one calendar year and will:
- Participate in four council meetings (tentatively Nov. 17, Feb. 16, May 18 and Aug. 17)
- Serve in an advisory role to assist with the development of new education programs
- Share feedback about activities and materials with Zoo educators
- Act as a Zoo ambassador in their schools by disseminating information to colleagues and providing teacher feedback to Zoo educators
- Gain exclusive access to Zoo materials and lesson plans
- Have the opportunity to work with Zoo educators and to be an integral part of conservation education programming
- Receive professional development contact hours toward license recertification