You don't need a swimsuit to learn about the amazing aquatic world. Hold your breath as you meet the Smithsonian's National Zoo's wettest friends. From playful otters to armored alligators, learn about the many creatures that inhabit the world's waters.
Let us bring the Zoo to you! Welcome to FONZ Sofa Safari Online Activities: a collection of our popular, self-paced adventures from FONZ Sofa Safari Day Camp, Presented by Chase.
If you are looking to engage in fun, at-home learning, to augment school-based science instruction, or to “visit” animals you are missing at the Zoo, then Sofa Safari Online Activities are for you! Although there is no live component to Sofa Safari Online Activities, there is plenty to see, do and learn.
Each activity set includes self-paced, online lessons with components such as:
- Interactive, animal-themed lessons for independent readers (includes audio recordings of text for beginner readers)
- STEAM projects and crafts, including printable templates and activity sheets
- Specially curated videos from the Smithsonian's National Zoo and the Smithsonian Institution
- Physical challenges for exercise and movement
- Activities to get your kids outside!
Sofa Safari Online Activities will be available through May 31, 2021.
Age: Recommended for students in grades 2-5. This activity set requires intermediate reading skills but includes audio recordings of text for beginner readers.
Cost: $25 for members; $30 for non-members
FONZ members receive a discount on Sofa Safari Online Activities. Not a member? Join Today!
What Your Family Will Need
- A computer or tablet with access to the internet
- A printer to download and print the documents that accompany the activity
- Basic craft supplies (scissors, crayons, glue, etc.) and access to household items, like boxes and bowls.