Please see the Accessibility and Sensory Information page if you need any assistance.
Admission to the Zoo is free, but entry passes are required for all guests, including infants. Passes open on a rolling basis, one month out. If you're looking for passes for a specific date, check back 30 days before your intended visit.
Option 1: Free Daily Entry Pass (walking into the Zoo)
If you walk, bike, taxi or take public transportation, you must have a daily entry pass for each person in your group.
- All guests, including infants, must have a pass
- Entry anytime from 8 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. (Zoo closes 3 p.m.)
- Limited to six passes per reservation
Pedestrians may access the Zoo via the Connecticut Avenue or Harvard Street Bridge entrances.
NOTE: If you choose a Paid Parking Pass (option 2), you do not need daily entry passes for your group.
Option 2: Paid Parking Pass (parking at the Zoo)
If you drive and park at the Zoo, your Paid Parking Pass covers entry for everyone in your personal vehicle. You do not need to reserve daily entry passes for your group.
- $30 per car
- One pass per vehicle, covers all occupants
- Entry anytime from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. (Zoo closes at 3 p.m.)
- If additional parking spots become available, passes are released in Etix same day at 7 a.m.
- Members: If you do not see a Membership Passes w/ Free Parking option, then all free passes have been reserved for that day. Please check another date.
All personal vehicles must enter the Zoo at the Connecticut Avenue entrance (3001 Connecticut Ave, NW).
- A limited number of free parking passes are available each day on a first-come, first-served basis.
- If you do not see a Membership Passes w/ Free Parking option after selecting a date from the calendar, then all free passes for that date have been reserved.
- $30 parking passes may be available. Members who elect to pay for parking will not receive a reimbursement.
- Members can reserve one free parking pass per week.
- Your member ID number is required when reserving your parking pass.
- New passes are released one month in advance. If you're looking for passes for a specific date, please check back 30 days before your intended visit.