The spooky season is almost here! Kids can go trick-or-treating at the wildest spot in town during Boo at the Zoo. Celebrate Halloween early with more than 40 treat stations, animal demonstrations, a dance party and kids’ karaoke. This frightfully fun evening is a magical time for the whole family.
Superheroes, zombies and princesses will all enjoy:
- A commemorative Boo at the Zoo trick-or-treat bag
- 40+ treat stations
- A dance party and kids' karaoke
- The chance to meet Frankenpanda and Count Pandula
- After-hours access to animal houses and exhibits, including:
- Small Mammal House
- Reptile Discovery Center
- Think Tank
- Great Cats Circle
- Elephant Community Center
- Kids' Farm
- Asia Trail (David M. Rubenstein Family Giant Panda Habitat will be closed)
- Zoo education stations
- Rides on the Speedwell Conservation Carousel (additional charge)
- A sensory space in the Think Tank classroom for guests with sensory processing disabilities to take a quiet break from trick-or-treating
FONZ members: $20
Tickets go on sale to FONZ members Thursday, Sept. 5, and to non-members Thursday, Sept. 12.
Only the Connecticut Avenue entrance will be open for vehicles. Please note, only guests with a parking pass will be permitted to enter the Zoo gates with their vehicle.
The Zoo is accessible via the Red Line to the Woodley Park-Zoo or Cleveland Park metro station. The Zoo entrance lies halfway between these stops, and both are a short walk from the Zoo.
Big Bus Tours Shuttle (Saturday Only)
Throughout the evening on Saturday, free Big Bus Tours will transport guests from the Woodley Park Metro Station to the Panda Plaza Bus Lot on a continuous loop from 5-9 p.m.
Check back soon for a full list of 2019 treat station donors.
2018 Treat Station Donors
- Mars Wrigley Confectionery
- Cabot Creamery Co-operative
- Charles Products
- Crispy Green
- Disney’s The Nutcracker and the Four Realms
- FedEx Corporation & Safe Kids Worldwide
- Goetze's Candy Company
- GoGo SqueeZ
- G-Wiz Kids Club presented by Giant
- Herr Foods Inc.
- iHeartMedia (BIG100, HOT 99.5, 97.1 WASH-FM, 98.7 WMZQ)
- KIND Snacks
- Ledo Pizza
- Metro by T-Mobile
- Peeps & Company
- Pirate Brands
- POP ROCKS
- Refreshments Plus & Dippin' Dots
- Sensible Portions
- Utz Quality Foods
- Washington Parent
- The Washington Post
In the interest of safety, the following items are prohibited:
- Fully covered adult face masks
- Weapons, and weapon-like items (hatchets, swords, baseball bats, etc.)
Smoking is not permitted on Zoo grounds.
Boo at the Zoo is held rain or shine.
Ticket sales are final. No refunds. Tickets will be accepted only on the date for which they are purchased.