With more than 40 treat stations, animal demonstrations, decorated trails and opportunities to learn about some seriously spooky animals, this frightfully fun evening is a magical time for the whole family.
Tickets go one sale for Friends of the National Zoo members on Sept. 6, and non-members Sept. 13. Join now to receive early access to purchase tickets, ticket discounts, and more!
Superheroes, zombies, and princesses will all enjoy:
- A commemorative Boo at the Zoo trick-or-treat bag
- 40+ treat stations
- Live entertainment
- After-hours access to animal houses and exhibits, including:
- Small Mammal House
- Great Ape House
- Reptile Discovery Center
- Think Tank
- Great Cats Circle
- Elephant Community Center
- Kids' Farm
- Asia Trail (David M. Rubenstein Family Giant Panda Habitat will be closed)
- Zoo education stations
- Rides on the Speedwell Conservation Carousel (additional charge)
- A sensory space in the Think Tank classroom for guests with sensory processing disabilities to take a quiet break from trick-or-treating
Boo at the Zoo, sponsored by Mars Wrigley Confectionery, is appropriate for children ages 4 to 12. All guests ages 2 and older, including adults, must purchase a ticket.
General Admission Tickets
FONZ Member $20 | Non-member $30
Tickets include a commemorative Boo at the Zoo, sponsored by Mars Wrigley Confectionery, treat bag, over 40 treat stations, live entertainment, after-hours access to animal houses, animal experiences, and Zoo education stations.
FONZ Member $15 | Non-member $25*
*Parking for Saturday night is sold out.
Please note that ticket prices will increase by $10 per ticket at the gate.
Only the Connecticut Avenue entrance will be open for vehicles. Please note, only guests with a parking pass will be permitted to enter the Zoo gates with their vehicle.
The Zoo is accessible via the Red Line to the Woodley Park-Zoo or Cleveland Park metro station. The Zoo entrance lies halfway between these stops, and both are a short walk from the Zoo.
Big Bus Tours Shuttle (Saturday Only)
Throughout the evening on Saturday, free Big Bus Tours will transport guests from the Woodley Park Metro Station to the Panda Plaza Bus Lot on a continuous loop from 5:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
In the interest of safety, the following items are prohibited:
- Fully covered adult face masks
- Weapons, and weapon-like items (hatchets, swords, baseball bats, etc.)
Smoking is not permitted on Zoo grounds.
Boo at the Zoo is held rain or shine.
Ticket sales are final. No refunds. Tickets will be accepted only on the date for which they are purchased.