Prepare to witness death-defying acts and amazing oddities at Friends of the National Zoo's annual adults-only Halloween party, Night of the Living Zoo. Ghouls and goblins will enjoy craft beer, fare from popular D.C. food trucks, a spooktacular costume contest, and performance artists while dancing to music at the DJ dance party. It's a wicked night of fun that would be scary to miss!
Check back later for 2018 details! Last year's festivities included:
You won't want to miss:
- Live entertainment and performers
- Amazing oddities and performance artists
- After-hours access to animal houses and exhibits, including:
- Small Mammal House
- Reptile Discovery Center
- Great Cats Circle
- Costume contest on the Great Meadow
- RIP—ride in peace—on the Speedwell Conservation Carousel & snowless tubing (additional charge)
In addition to the general attractions, VIP tickets include:
- VIP express check-in
- Three (3) drink tickets
- Souvenir tumbler
- Private access to the VIP bar and lounge in Great Meadow
- Private dance party
- Complimentary food tastings from DC restaurants
- Exclusive, VIP-only animal experiences and viewings
- One (1) ticket for snowless tubing
- Baked by Yael
- The Big Cheese
- Cap Mac
- Chix N Stix
- DC Empanadas
- DC Slices
- Dunkin' Donuts Community Cruiser
- Holy Crepes
- Rocklands Barbeque and Grilling Company
- Sloppy Mama's
- Tapas Truck
Check back later for 2018 ticket details!
We encourage visitors to drink responsibly and take public transportation.
Only the Connecticut Avenue entrance will be open for vehicles.
The Zoo is accessible via the Red Line to the Woodley Park-Zoo or Cleveland Park metro station. The Zoo entrance lies halfway between these stops, and both are a short walk from the Zoo.
You must be at least 21-years-old to attend Night of the Living Zoo. A valid ID is required for admission. Babies and children will not be admitted.
In the interest of safety, the following items are prohibited:
- Weapons, and weapon-like items (hatchets, swords, baseball bats, etc.)
Food will be available to purchase at food trucks and Zoo restaurants throughout the event.
Credit cards are accepted at most food trucks, but not all.
Smoking is not permitted on Zoo grounds.
Night of the Living Zoo is held rain or shine.
Ticket sales are final. No refunds. Tickets will be accepted only on the date for which they are purchased.
Photographs and/or videos will be taken at this event. These images may be used for educational, editorial, and marketing purposes on our website, in the press, on print materials, and in other publications. By entering this event, you consent to the Smithsonian's National Zoo and the Friends of the National Zoo photographing, recording, and using your image and likeness.