Take your professional development to the wild side! The Zoo is seeking new members to serve on its Teacher Advisory Council, beginning fall 2021. The 2021-2022 council term will expand to include educators nationwide for grades pre-K to 8. The council reserves three spots each for educators in D.C., Maryland and Virginia. No more than two teachers per school.
Commitments and Benefits
Council members serve for a period of one year and will:
- Participate in four virtual council meetings (tentatively Nov. 16, Feb. 15, May 17 and Aug. 9)
- Serve in an advisory role to assist with the development of new education programs and resources
- Share feedback about activities and materials with Zoo educators
- Act as a Zoo ambassador in their schools by disseminating information to colleagues and providing teacher feedback to Zoo educators
- Have the opportunity to work with Zoo educators and to be an integral part of conservation education programming
- Receive professional development contact hours toward license recertification (dependent upon state requirements)
Thank you for your interest in the Zoo’s Teacher Advisory Council. Applications have closed for the 2021-2022 school year. Please check back next summer to apply for the 2022-2023 term.