A dark carnival is approaching … and will arrive for Friends of the National Zoo's annual adults-only Halloween party, Night of the Living Zoo.
On Friday, Oct. 25, from 7-10:30 p.m. at the Smithsonian's National Zoo, ghouls and goblins will enjoy craft beer, fare from popular D.C. food trucks, a DJ dance party, a spooktacular costume competition, hosted by Science on Tap, and more. It's a wicked night of fun that would be scary to miss!
At Night of the Living Zoo 2019, all attendees will experience:
- Plenty of beer options (two drink tickets are included with each ticket)
- A dance party
- A costume competition, hosted by Science on Tap
- Amazing oddities and performance artists
- After-hours access to animal houses and exhibits from 7 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
In addition to the general attractions, VIP tickets include:
- VIP express check-in
- One additional drink ticket
- Exclusive takeaway gift
- Private access to the VIP bar and lounge
- Private dance party
- Complimentary food tastings from local restaurants
- GCDC Grilled Cheese Bar
- ROCKLANDS Barbeque and Grilling Company
- Exclusive, VIP-only animal experiences and viewings
Fare for purchase from popular food trucks, including:
- Crepe Love
- DC Slices
- DC Tapas
- Deddle’s Donuts
- Funnel Fare
- Mulan Dumpling
- Rockland’s BBQ
- Taco One
- Two Smooth Dudes
FONZ members • $30 ($35 at gate)
Non-members • $40 ($45 at gate)
All general admission tickets include two drink tickets.
FONZ members • $65 ($70 at gate)
Non-members • $90 ($95 at gate)
All VIP tickets include three drink tickets.
Tickets go on sale to FONZ members Friday, Sept. 13, and to non-members Thursday, Sept. 19. Ticket prices increase at the gate.
We encourage visitors to drink responsibly and take public transportation.
FONZ Members $15 | Non-members $25
All entrances will be open until 7 p.m. Only the Connecticut Avenue entrance will be open for vehicles after 7 p.m. Guests should park in lots B & D.
The Zoo is accessible via the Red Line to the Woodley Park-Zoo or Cleveland Park metro station. The Zoo entrance lies halfway between these stops, and both are a short walk from the Zoo.
You must be at least 21-years-old to attend Night of the Living Zoo. A valid ID is required for admission. Babies and children will not be admitted.
In the interest of safety, the following items are prohibited:
- Weapons, and weapon-like items (hatchets, swords, baseball bats, etc.)
Food will be available to purchase at food trucks and Zoo restaurants throughout the event.
Credit cards are accepted at most food trucks, but not all.
Smoking is not permitted on Zoo grounds.
Night of the Living Zoo is held rain or shine.
Ticket sales are final. No refunds.
Photographs and/or videos will be taken at this event. These images may be used for educational, editorial, and marketing purposes on our website, in the press, on print materials, and in other publications. By entering this event, you consent to the Smithsonian's National Zoo and the Friends of the National Zoo photographing, recording, and using your image and likeness.
Night of the Living Zoo Costume Competition Rules
- Every participant must have a valid ticket to Night of the Living Zoo.
- There are two categories that participants may choose to compete in: Best Individual Costume and Best Group Costume.
- Each participant may only enter once. You may enter as part of a group, but you may not participate in multiple groups or categories.
- The winners of the Best Individual Costume and Best Group Costume categories will receive tickets to Brewlights.
- The grand prize winner will be selected from the winners of the two costume categories, Best Individual Costume and Best Group Costume
- The grand prize winner will receive $1,000.
- All costumes must be PG-13 friendly.
- Props will be allowed on stage, but please do not use them in a careless or dangerous manner.
- No hazardous materials or any materials that will involve clean up or damage to the stage will be allowed. This includes any liquids, confetti, silly string, etc.
- Weapons, and weapon-like items (hatchets, swords, baseball bats, etc.), are prohibited.
- For the safety of the animals, balloons are prohibited in the Zoo.
- All awards will be presented at the judges’ discretion.