The Zoo is free, but entry passes are required for all guests, including infants. All visitors ages 2 and older are required to wear a mask in all indoor spaces at the Zoo, regardless of their vaccination status. Fully vaccinated visitors do not need to wear a mask in outdoor areas.
Out-of-town visitors to the Smithsonian’s National Zoo, rejoice: You can now get the VIP experience!
With the ZooVenture Day Pass, an exclusive bundle that will take your trip to the Zoo to the next level, you receive:
- An adventure tote
- Two tickets to ride the Speedwell Foundation Conservation Carousel
- Access to an exclusive Cyber Safari, an app-based, members-only scavenger hunt around the Zoo
- A Zoo Guide that includes a Zoo map, exhibit descriptions and coupons for souvenirs and food
- A set of paper panda ears
- A day of wild adventures for the whole family!
With the ZooVenture Day Pass, you and your family can be Zoo VIPs for just $19.95.
Purchase your pass online, and pick it up at the Asia Trail or Great Cats gift shop before you start exploring, any day of the week. You must show a printed copy of your receipt to pick up your pass.