Get ready for the wildest wine tasting in town at Zoo Uncorked, sponsored by Total Wine & More. Raise your glass for conservation and enjoy a wide-ranging winery and vineyard tour that takes place entirely at the Smithsonian's National Zoo.
Throughout the evening, you’ll enjoy unlimited wine tastings — every wine at Zoo Uncorked comes with a rating of 90 or above — live music and entertainment, incredible animal encounters (including an African penguin!) and more. Mark your calendars for Sept. 12, as we toast to saving species.
The Zoo's Kids' Farm, Think Tank and Great Cats exhibits will also be open late for event attendees.
In addition to general event attractions, Zoo Uncorked, sponsored by Total Wine & More, features exclusive wine for VIP ticket holders, premier food tastings, a DJ and special animal encounters in the VIP area.
- Zoo Uncorked, sponsored by Total Wine & More, is an adults-only event. Guests must be at least 21 years old and present a valid photo ID at entry. No babies, children or strollers are allowed.
- Guests without a valid photo ID will not be permitted to enter the event.
- Smoking is not permitted at the Zoo.
- This event will be held rain or shine.
Check back soon for 2020 ticket information.
Guests are encouraged to drink responsibly and utilize public transportation. Both Metro Bus and Metro Rail have stops within walking distance of the Zoo's Connecticut Avenue entrance.
Metro Bus and Metro Rail
To visit the Zoo by Metro Rail, take the Red Line to the Woodley Park-Zoo/Adams Morgan stop or to the Cleveland Park stop. The Zoo's main entrance on Connecticut Avenue is equidistant from both Metro stops, which are a short walk from the Zoo.
The L1 and L2 buses stop in front of the Zoo's main entrance.
Big Bus Tours Shuttle
Throughout the evening, free Big Bus Tours will transport guests from the Woodley Park Metro Station to the Panda Plaza Bus Lot on a continuous loop 5:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
FONZ members: $15
FONZ members must show their member card to receive the discounted parking rate. All guests should park in Lot B. If this lot is full, guests may also park in Lots A or D.
All wines served at Zoo Uncorked 2019 will have a rating of 90 or above.*
Main Event Area
- Angeline Sauvignon Blanc Reserve
- Atrevida Malbec
- Bulgariana Cabernet Sauvignon
- Chateau de Nages Buti Nages Nimes Rosé
- Chateau de Nages Costieres de Nimes Rouge Vieilles Vignes
- Chateau La Tonnelle Haut Medoc
- Diosares Rioja Crianza
- Domaine Loubejac Pinot Noir Willamette Valley
- Donnachiara Falanghina Resilienza IGT
- Dr Loosen "Dr. L" Riesling
- Forge Cellars Riesling Classique
- Il Pozzo Chianti Rufina
- Kia Ora Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc
- Kitchen Sink White Blend
- Kudos Pinot Gris Oregon
- Lehmann The Barossan Barossa Valley Shiraz
- Mascota Vineyards La Mascota Cabernet Sauvignon
- Montebuena Rioja Cuvee KPF
- Olema Chardonnay Sonoma County
- Olema Pinot Noir Sonoma County
- Prototype Zinfandel Lodi
- Quinta das Carvalhas Reserva Douro
- Renieri Invetro
- Renieri Rosso di Montalcino
- River Road Chardonnay Russian River Valley Reserve
- Rondel Brut Cava
- Rubus Shiraz Barossa
- Ruta 22 Malbec
- San Gregorio Single Vineyard Loma Gorda Old Vine Garnacha
- Sobon Estate Zinfandel Fiddletown
- Tenuta de Renieri Chianti Classico
- Terre Di Talamo Morellino Di Scansano Riserva
- Uro Toro La Enfermera Tempranillo
Also enjoy tastings from FLO WInes (Red Blend, Chardonnay, Moscato).
- Amici Sauvignon Blanc
- Fabbioli Cellars Ladies Man (Cider)
- Kudos Pinot Noir Willamette
- Louis Bouillot Perle De Vigne Brut
- Martin Ray Chardonnay Sonoma Coast
- Mascota Vineyards Unanime
- Olema Rosé Cotes De Provence
*Individual wines are subject to change.
VIP Area Restaurants:
- Ana at District Winery
- Asia Nine Bar and Lounge
- Blackfinn Ameripub
- Cabot Creamery Co-operative
- Dirty Habit
- Maggiano's Little Italy
- Mastro's Steakhouse
- Mintwood Place
- Oceanaire Seafood Room
- Ted's Bulletin
- Tonic Restaurant
General Event Area Food Trucks:
Fare from the following food trucks will be available for purchase:
- The Frenchman
- Mulan Dumpling
- Red Hook Lobster Pound